Saturday, July 30, 2011

NEW YORK Day 1

 ITS HERE!! As promised.  I know it took a little while, but better late then never!! This is part 1 of a 3 part posting group, to cover everything we did (and trust me when I say we did a lot!!). So sit back, relax, and enjoy!!!!

For my fourteenth birthday, my parents to me to New York City!! So I wouldn't miss any school, we decided to go in the summer (which was good for me and now for my mom's hair :) We did a red eye flight from Salt Lake to JFK, leaving at 11:30 PM and arriving in New York around 5:00 AM. Things didn't go as planned, and our flight was postponed until 1:00 AM Utah time. The four hour flight was uneventful, and we arrived at JFK at 7:00 AM. From there I took my very first taxi ride, and saw the amazing city of New York.

After checking in to the hotel and having a breakfast (where my mom's bagel was moldy, but my muffin wasn't too bad) we headed to the subway, where we rode a train to Brooklyn. There we saw the magnificent Brooklyn Bridge.

We then went to this dock by the water to get shots of the bridge.


After wandering around Brooklyn for a while, we stopped for lunch at Grimaldi's Pizza. Now that was good!

After lunch, we headed to the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. It was heaven in a cone!


After eating all the yummy, but tedious calories, we head over to the Brooklyn Bridge to walk it.


You could see from miles around. It was really beautiful.




On the bridge, there were two arches, and they had lots of wire to hold them up.







After we finished walking the bridge, we headed over to Grand Central Station to check it out. It was HUGE!!!


This was the pretty design on the celling. Not a great picture, but beautiful in person!


There were lots of cool buildings in New York! The first one is right by City Hall and the second looks like fabric.





After Grand Central, we went on a bus tour where we met up with my grandparents!!!


It was a very fun day!! It was very tall and big and populated!! Sadly, after we got on the bus tour, my camera died, but we went by Harlem, the Lincoln Center, and Central Park. It was an amazing day, and I can't wait to share the rest with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment