Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Very Inspiring Weekend

This last weekend was so crazy for me. My church did a Book of Mormon Read-A-Thon. Yep, that's right. Three days, 530 pages, at least two pounds gained, and 25 hours of pure reading. It was so crazy, but it is an experience I will never forget.

On Thursday, I was very nervous about my Rhapsody audition (BTW: I didn't make it) so I really didn't have time to think about it much. Right after we raced home, shoved some food into our mouths, and headed for the church. It was just the Young Women and the Young Men, so there was maturity to it. We were there for 3 hours and read 1Nephi 1- 2 Nephi 5. It was long but fun.

Friday was next. We all went to school feeling tired. When we got home, we had about 3 and a half hours to ourselves before we headed back to the church to do it again. This time we were there for six hours. We all had our camp chairs and read from the comfort of them. We read all the way to the end of Mosiah. It was a long day, and we didn't head for home until after 11.

The next morning I got up at 6:30 AM!!!!!! We had to be at the church by 6:45, so I just went in my pajamas and spent the whole day in them. They were pretty comfy. We were there for 16 hours that day. It was long, but very good. I could feel the Spirit a lot and I could see how the whole story fit in. We finally got home at 11.

This was a great weekend that I will never forget. It was so inspiring and uplifting. The Book of Mormon is one of my favorite books of all time, and this is the best experience I have ever had with it. I am so excited to read it again and see how it all plays out and understand it more. I will never forget this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment